I am currently looking for something just a little bit bigger than the OMM 32L classic rucksack for long weekends or lightweight winter trips. The 32L is starting to get a bit worn and tired and sometimes I try to shove just a few too many things in it 😀 . I’ve got a Gossamer Gear Mariposa but thats a little bit big. I used to have a Golite Jam but also found that a little bit big. I’ve tried and rejected the Golite Peak because I dont like the back or hipbelt. I’m kind of running out of suggestions for rucksacks to look at and so am open to suggestions. The prime characteristics of the pack I am looking for are listed below.
- at least 35Litres but less than 50Litres
- Less than 1kg and preferably as light as possible
- reasonably robust but weight and comfort of fit a priority
- no internal stays (ie flexible back)
- possibly hip belt pockets but not essential
- dont mind either floating lid or roll top closure
- doesnt have to be “waterproof” (you know what I mean…)
- a medium sized back
- colour not an issue
What say you good people? What do you recommend that’s worth a try…?