Every year, I sort of plan to do various walks and trips and end up completely changing my mind or are forced by circumstance or mishap to alter. Other outdoor or related aspirations come and go. Maybe I have unrealistic goals in that respect, after all I have kids, I work 50 hours a week and travel 10-15 hours a week. Still, I thought it useful for me to review my aspirations for the year and then in 12 months time come back and review that list!
- Have at least 20 nights out in the hills (not impossible)
- Visit Scotland for a walking trip this year (the tough one)
- Visit North Wales for a walking trip this year (already semi arranged 🙂 )
- Visit the Lake District for a walking trip this year (more challenging but doable)
- Go on at least 3 “meets” with friends (high on the priority list)
- Keep the blog up to date! (minimum 1 entry per week)
- Take the kids camping at least 5 times this year (an easy one)
- Cost neutral gear buying for 2012 (never buy more than I sell)
- Do at least 1 bothy trip (more if possible)
- Do at least 3 tarp trips (relatively easy)
- Increase and improve the number of pictures I take (dont forget the camera)
Ok, so no exotic destinations, no strange or exciting goals and no real surprises. I just want to get out there, enjoy my time and reflect upon a great year in the outdoors in 12 months time.
What are yours…?