Not quite sure how we got to April but here it is nonetheless. A quarter of the year gone by, so time to have a little look back at the targets I set for myself back in January.
- Have at least 20 nights out in the hills (not impossible) – well on this one, its been a slow start but I have 3 in the bag. Now Spring is here, things should pick up a bit
- Visit Scotland for a walking trip this year (the tough one) – not yet 😦
- Visit North Wales for a walking trip this year (already semi arranged ) – Done.
- Visit the Lake District for a walking trip this year (more challenging but doable) – still to plan…..
- Go on at least 3 “meets” with friends (high on the priority list) – tick one meet!
- Keep the blog up to date! (minimum 1 entry per week) – pretty happy with this, average 2-3 a week for 2012 so far. Not overloading the blog with posts but also not too many big gaps between posts either
- Take the kids camping at least 5 times this year (an easy one) – tick 1, several more ticks in the next month or so 🙂
- Cost neutral gear buying for 2012 (never buy more than I sell) – slightly adverse by about £100 but plans to rectify that soon
- Do at least 1 bothy trip (more if possible) – not done
- Do at least 3 tarp trips (relatively easy) – not done
- Increase and improve the number of pictures I take (dont forget the camera) – Pretty happy so far with the pictures I have taken. Probably one of the most enjoyable aspects of going outdoors, for me, is the taking of good pictures and building up a pictorial record of what I have been up to.
So far so good I think. I am not going to worry if I dont manage to hit all my targets by year end but it is kind of nice to have a list of aspirations to achieve. Helps keep me focussed and not let time drift by without doing something outdoor related. It sounds daft but my hectic work and social life means I have to be a bit more structured these days, especially when it comes to dedicating time to the outdoors.
Soon be Christmas…..