Its now July (bought looking out of the window, you might be forgiven for thinking it early spring).
A half of the year gone by and so time to go over my personal camping targets from the start of the year.
- Have at least 20 nights out in the hills (not impossible) – 6 😦
- Visit Scotland for a walking trip this year (the tough one) – no. still not done 😦
- Visit North Wales for a walking trip this year (already semi arranged ) – Done and still reflecting on a great trip.
- Visit the Lake District for a walking trip this year (more challenging but doable) – no 😦
- Go on at least 3 “meets” with friends (high on the priority list) – 2 down one to go (its all down to you Robin!)
- Keep the blog up to date! (minimum 1 entry per week) – well on track and happy with progress, not too many long gaps but finding it tough on times with the new role….
- Take the kids camping at least 5 times this year (an easy one) – 3 down and another one in the next few weeks planned! 🙂
- Cost neutral gear buying for 2012 (never buy more than I sell) – actually well in the positive despite buying the Laser Competition 2012!
- Do at least 1 bothy trip (more if possible) – not done
- Do at least 3 tarp trips (relatively easy) – one down, 2 more might be harder!
- Increase and improve the number of pictures I take (dont forget the camera) – Very happy with the quantity and quality although I still forget to post some on here
Half the year gone and a reasonable effort. I reckon I might get 8 out of 10 by the end of the year. The Scotland trip might be the hardest of the targets to get but lets see what happens in the next couple of months. Still good to reflect on my targets and even if I fall a bit short I am enjoying the experience. If I can reflect back on the year when the 31st December comes along and feel satisfied with my efforts then I’ll be happy.
Bring on the “summer”…… 🙂