Ok, I finally managed to get round to seam sealing the Trailstar. I have been busy but the thought of the encroaching autumn and less chances to get it done made me do the deed. A fine day helped convince me to JFD it
I took the advice of thinning the silnet silcone sealer with white spirit to aid application and absorption into the sinylon. Using a short-haired 1/4 inch artists brush with a squared off end I set to with gusto. To be fair in the end it didnt take too long. I left the trailstar “drying” for a few hours outside after the seam sealing. Its not the neatest job but all in all I am quite happy with the end product and also looks ok on the olive brown material I chose for my trailstar.
All I need to do now is take it out for a test drive 🙂