Its now October so time for a quick recap on my progress to date for the year. 3/4 of the year gone by in a flash!.
- Have at least 20 nights out in the hills (not impossible) – 14 (might miss this one…..)
- Visit Scotland for a walking trip this year (the tough one) – no
- Visit North Wales for a walking trip this year – Done.
- Visit the Lake District for a walking trip this year (more challenging but doable) – no
- Go on at least 3 “meets” with friends (high on the priority list) – 2 down one to go – still on track for November
- Keep the blog up to date! (minimum 1 entry per week) – well on track
- Take the kids camping at least 5 times this year (an easy one) – 4 done but might struggle for a 5th now
- Cost neutral gear buying for 2012 (never buy more than I sell) – well in the black and please as punch on this having had a really good clearout or two!
- Do at least 1 bothy trip (more if possible) – not done
- Do at least 3 tarp trips (relatively easy) – one done so wont hit this one
- Increase and improve the number of pictures I take (dont forget the camera) – quite happy on this score to be fair
three quarters of the year gone and a slow summer due to work commitments has curtailed some of the things I thought would be doable. I have a couple of trips coming up but these will be local so the Scotland and Lake District aspirations are probably a lost cause for the year. Still overall I am quite happy with what I have managed this year in the context of 2 new jobs as well as getting a puppy! So here’s hoping for sunny, bright, sharp cold days to have an end of year camping blitz