12 months has flown by and now its New Year’s Eve. What did I say I was going to try to do in 2012 and how did I eventually fare?
- Have at least 20 nights out in the hills – 15 Not a bad effort to be fair but aiming for more next year
- Visit Scotland for a walking trip this year – no There’s always next year……
- Visit North Wales for a walking trip this year – Done and wasnt it a great trip…!
- Visit the Lake District for a walking trip this year – no (sigh)
- Go on at least 3 “meets” with friends – 2
- Keep the blog up to date! (minimum 1 entry per week) – up to date, present and correct, sah!
- Take the kids camping at least 5 times this year – 4 close!
- Cost neutral gear buying for 2012 (never buy more than I sell) – in the black for the whole year but the gear cupboard is looking a bit bare now 😀
- Do at least 1 bothy trip – no 😦
- Do at least 3 tarp trips – one only
- Increase and improve the number of pictures I take – not bad at all but might invest in an upgrade next year?
So, all in all not a bad year but some notable failures (Scotland and Lake District). To be fair, three job changes at work, more travel and getting the pooch have all had an impact on my available time to get out and about. Next year might very well be better and I will have the added bonus of the pup to accompany me. When I look back at the list I made, it wasnt a dogmatic one but it did help me focus a little bit and I had a bit of fun with it. I’ll have a think overnight as to what my goals and targets will be for 2013 and post some thoughts tomorrow 🙂
Well thats me for 2012, I hope everyone has a great 2013
I think you did pretty good considering all the changes at work! All the best for the coming year
thanks Mark and to you!
Missing Scotland and The Lakes is hardly failure: they are still there.
Overshadowing all is Super Dog. MAke sure you ask him what he wants to do next year.
Happy New Year
thanks Dexey. Super Dawg wants me to take him into the mountains today so I might have to oblige him 🙂